How to follow up in sales is a difficult question to answer for many sales people. It is often considered too time consuming or complicated, or even obsolete. Yet, you cannot avoid it if you want to do well in sales. For one, there is no way you can make up for the lost time by not following up, and it is important for you to continue to build on your relationship with your clients.
If you are confused about how to follow up in sales, you have come to the right place. In this article, I will show you how you can follow up with your clients in the quickest and easiest way possible. You do not have to spend hours before phone calls; what you need to focus on are the tips that will give you a great impact in your sales. Here they are:
– A follow up letter is essential in making a good first impression. With this letter, you will show that you care for your client, and that you have been attentive during the phone call. Remember, first impressions last, and a good follow up letter will tell the client that you took the time to listen and to address his needs. By doing so, you have already established a level of professionalism.
– Keep the content of your follow up letter as simple as possible. Do not try to impress your potential client with a sales pitch. In fact, make your follow up letter as conversational as possible. Make it as short and straight to the point as possible. By doing this, you are already making your client feel important, and he will expect more of you once you start communicating with him.
– A follow up e-mails is also necessary to maintain contact with your client even after you’ve made a decision to work together. In this way, you can ensure that he is aware of any progress that you are making in your sales. You may also want to ask for his opinion on certain ideas and products that you may be marketing jointly. Through email, you can convey more information than through a telephone call, and you do not have to waste your time by having a long discussion.
– An interactive follow up letter is a great idea. Instead of writing an article that tells your prospect about your company, you can include him in a survey or an online focus group that will help him make up his mind about you. You can also add a question to your follow up letter: “After reading your article, would you like to hear more about working with [a specific company], ?” By making use of this technique, you are effectively putting your client at the same step as you, and this is how you can build a good relationship with him.
– An in-person follow up meeting is another idea. If possible, set up an initial meeting during which you can discuss the details of the agreement that you have reached with your client. This gives you the opportunity to make sure that all your expectations were met, and it is often a good idea to follow up with your client a few weeks after the initial contact, just to be sure that all your expectations were met. Many sales people find that they need to follow up with their prospects more often when they have this kind of face-to-face follow up correspondence.
In the end, your follow up letter is simply an expression of your appreciation for a prospect’s business. It is there to let him know that you care about what he has to say, and that you are interested in working with him. If he was offered an opportunity to promote your products, make sure to include the URL of your website in your follow up letter. Most people who respond positively to your emails are those who had taken the time to read your letter, and had been impressed by your enthusiasm for the prospect’s business. Use this to help close the deal.