How We Converted an Excel Sheet Into an RIA
- In this article, I will share with you how we converted an Excel sheet into an Android app in a month. This was our first Android project. We needed a fast and efficient mobile app that could run on tablets and smart phones. In addition to that, it should have the same functionality as the web version. In short, we needed a multitasking app that could do both Excel worksheets and Android apps.
- So, what are the requirements of a successful conversion? It has to be cross-platform compatible. It should run on most of the popular mobile platforms. The design should be very flexible, since we can add or remove modules anytime. So, a lot of thought went into this conversion.
- We first considered two main methods of conversion. One method is to convert Excel to Java. The second method is to convert HTML to Android. Both methods required a high level of technical knowledge and programming skills. We used to hire a professional developer to do the conversion for us.
- Once the conversion was complete, we were able to run the project from our mobile devices. That’s why Excel has always been a favorite project tool. The reason why Excel works best as a workbook is because it can be shared between multiple platforms. So, we were able to easily share the project between our iOS and Android devices.
- How about Android apps? How can we convert an Excel spreadsheet into an Android app? How about a PHP or Java application? We didn’t want to write the code ourselves since there are a lot of tools that can make the work much easier. Instead, we decided to convert the data to a RIA interface. What an RIA is, in essence, is a way to represent information in a more portable and browser-friendly format.
- function get_height (height, in_inches) functions get_weight (weight, in_ kilograms) function call_height (height, inches} Function to calc the height and weight of an individual. This function is called calc_height and works in Excel 2007. First, open a new workbook. Then, on the File menu, select Page Layout. In the Measurements option, select Height and Inches. Click OK. Now we have an easy way to calculate the height and weight of an individual!