How to Follow Up in Sales: A Step-by-Step Guide
- There are many salespeople who have a poor follow up plan. Some follow up, they do not even know what it is. Follow up is very important for closing more sales and it is also good for building a relationship with your prospect. If you have no follow up plans then you need to make one now.
- When it comes to follow up, there are 3 main types of follow up that can help you close more sales. They are personal follow up, lead follow up and sales follow up. It is important that you use all three methods in your plan to get the most from your follow up. This article will give you an idea about how to follow up in sales:
- Personal follow up is when you call or write to the person on your list to tell them about you and ask if they would like more information about them. Then you could follow up by asking them if they would like to see some of your work. You could show them some examples or even a video of your best sales presentations. Follow up is often used when there is no phone call needed, but you still need to ask permission to contact the person. This can be a very effective way of building a relationship and keeping in touch with customers.
- Lead follow up is when you call or write to the lead on your list to let them know that you value their contact. You can give them advice on how to improve their sales, answer any questions or share other information with them. Following up with leads is always a good idea.
- Follow up with customers is another good idea. This can come in the form of an email follow up or a phone call. If you choose to follow up with an email follow up, it is important to stay on the line for at least 30 seconds. Then let the person know that you appreciate their contact and you want to continue to communicate with them. Always include your name and website address.
- A phone call is also an effective way to follow up in sales. When you call the lead, be sure to tell them your name, your company, and your website. Then give the person your company’s information and ask them if they would be interested in a follow up. Follow up calls are a great way to bring traffic to your website.
- Once you have your follow up plan in place, you need to keep to it. You need to follow up with your leads on a consistent basis. It may take a month to a year before you start seeing large increases in your website traffic. However, you must stick to your follow up plans and make sure you set goals for yourself. Remember, the main goal is to increase your sales and not impress your client with a large number of sales.
- How to follow up in sales: a step-by-step guide is only as good as the person following it. This means that if you are new to lead generation, or are unable to generate a lot of sales, you will need to hire a professional service to help you. For example, if you are unable to get your website traffic numbers to increase much, hiring a professional SEO company will work wonders for you. In fact, when it comes to your sales, following up should always be at the top of your to-do list.